READING FURNACE REPAIR & INSTALLATION
Keeping You & Your Family Comfortably Warm
Our skilled furnace repair and installation experts in Reading are here to help. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Knowing When It’s Time to Call for Furnace Repair
Some of the most common issues requiring furnace repair include:
- Normal wear and tear – Wear and tear can cause airflow restrictions, lack of heat, leaks, noises, and all sorts of problems to your furnace. These issues are normal over time, but shouldn’t be left unattended as they can worsen.
- Issues with electrical ignition or pilot control – If your heater won’t turn on, then it’s likely an electrical problem or a pilot light kind of issue.
- Thermostat malfunctioning – If you aren’t getting your desired heat, it can either be a situation where you need to repair the innards of your furnace, or it’s also possible that your thermostat isn’t reading the temperature of the room properly. Either way, contact our Reading furnace repair specialists and we’ll quickly diagnose your problem.
- No heat is detected – This often arises due to a dirty air filter. If the filter isn’t letting air through, then the heat exchanger will overheat and shut itself off. So while it may seem as though your furnace is on, it won’t be generating any heat so check your air filter.
- Heat is detected but at a low temperature – If you aren’t getting enough heat fast enough, it’s possible that you’re experiencing heat loss either in your unit or your ductwork. This is a good problem for our Reading furnace repair pros because there isn’t necessarily a quick fix in this situation.
- The blower does not stop running – Usually, this happens because of one of two reasons. Either your fan limit switch is faulty and not working properly or your thermostat isn’t wired correctly. We wouldn’t recommend DIY solutions to these problems so give us a call.
- The furnace is unusually noisy – A little bit of noise coming from your fan or when your unit is being turned on is pretty natural. But if you’re hearing a squealing or banging sound then you could use furnace repair.
We Install New Systems Too!
When you call our team for furnace repair in Reading, PA, our heating technicians will run a thorough diagnostic to find any problematic areas. If repairs are possible, we will provide you with a quote and timeline. However, if your system is in need of a replacement, our team will gladly make recommendations based on your needs and those of your home. We understand how important it is for you to get the heat back on in your home, which is why our team works as quickly as possible to get the problem fixed.
When Is It Time for a Furnace Replacement?
Like all household appliances, furnaces are not meant to last forever and will of course need replacing at one point or another, but how are you supposed to know when that point is? That’s what our experts here at Essig Plumbing & Heating are here to help with.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you’ll know it’s time to bid adieu to your trusted furnace:
- Do you hear noises such as rattles, buzzes, or hums coming from your unit?
- Is your furnace older than 15 years? Today’s models will typically last 20-30 years, but we sadly can’t say the same for older units. If yours is older than 15 years, you may not get many more good winters out of it.
- Do you notice that some rooms in your house are getting heated while others are not?
- Do you see a yellow flame? Your furnace’s flame should be blue, not yellow. Blue flames indicate that it is burning as pure as possible, while a yellow one means that the burner is not mixing air and gas because it’s dirty. You could try having the system cleaned to see if that helps, but if the problem persists you’ll need a replacement.
- Have you seen visible signs of rust in and around your furnace? How about any cracks or corrosion?
- Are your energy bills going up even though your heat usage is staying the same? Older furnaces run longer and must work harder to produce the same amount of heat. This unfortunately means you end up paying more in energy bills.
- Is your home starting to have humidity problems?
- Does your furnace need frequent repairs? Repairs add up – quick! It will actually be more cost-efficient for you to just replace the entire unit instead of constantly dishing out money in repairs.
- Is your furnace cycling on and off more frequently than ever before?
- Do you notice more dust around your home? Aged furnaces can’t moisturize and clean the air in your home so if you see more dust than usual, drooping plants, or cracked furniture, replacement is needed.
For an estimate on Reading furnace repair, maintenance, or installation, give us a call at (610) 557-3302.