A heating contractor is the first person you should contact if you’re looking to improve home comfort during these last few weeks of winter. After a winter filled with freezing temperatures and snowfall, you’re not only looking for ways to keep your home comfortable, but also make it efficient. During this past season’s most frigid days, you’ve probably been relying on that manual thermostat to keep the entire family warm. But while it can certainly do a lot of good, a manual thermostat can also be a headache. First of all, you have to adjust it constantly throughout the day with the changes in temperature. And by “throughout the day,” we mean when you wake up in the morning, right before you go to bed at night, and even when you’re just relaxing in your home during the afternoon. Trying to adjust your manual thermostat to just the right temperature can take time away from other more important tasks. When you’re already leading a busy life, staying on top of settings may fall to the wayside. Probably most importantly, manual thermostats can cost you a lot of money due to their inefficiency. Fortunately, there is answer to these problems, and that’s why calling a heating contractor to upgrade to a programmable thermostat installed by the team here at P.W. Essig.
Why You Should Call P.W. Essig
We should be your first choice in home comfort, whether it furnace repair or boiler service. We have a heating contractor available to assist you with any of your heating concerns, especially if your current thermostat is giving you trouble. Now that winter is winding down, we’re ready to make sure your transition to the next season goes smoothly, complete with a reliable thermostat that can meet your home comfort needs. With our help, no longer will have to deal with setting the thermostat to one temperature and constantly changing it throughout the day. You’ll have a thermostat that can set it to go on at a certain time of day and set it to the ideal temperature that will keep you comfortable and help reduce your utility bill. A programmable thermostat gives you complete control over your HVAC home system. You will also enjoy the increased comfort in your home with ideal temperature settings that will satisfy the entire family. We want what’s best for our customers, and a programmable thermostat is one of the best things you can do in terms of home comfort. Don’t pass up your chance to live easier this season!
Why You Need to Upgrade
Sticking with that manual thermostat may lead to a world of pain and frustration, so our heating contractor recommends you invest in a programmable thermostat for these reasons:
- You’ll Save Money on Energy Bills: For most American households, the EIA reports 42% of the energy bill goes to paying for heating and air conditioning. For each degree Fahrenheit that you lower the household temperature for 8 hours, you will save 1% of your energy bill. How much you save really depends on your comfort level and how eager you are to save money. You could save nothing by keeping the temperature the same, or you could save as much as 50% in one energy bill. Imagine what you could do with that extra 50% of money? When you have a programmable thermostat, you can pre-set the temperatures for different times of the day and night.
- Zoned Systems: Want more control over the climate in your home? Be sure to get a programmable thermostat offering a zoned system. A zoned system allows you to have different temperatures for different areas of a house. If one room of your house is less used, you can lower the temperature in that one space while keeping the other areas of the house at an ideal temperature, saving you money on energy bills in the process. This lowers the chances of cold spots that can make your home all the more uncomfortable during the fall and winter.
- Touch Screen Options: The addition of touch screens makes setting the temperature easier than ever before. With just a touch of a finger, you can set temperatures for different times of the day, see if filters need changing, or a problem that needs servicing. It’s all within your control, allowing you to get comfort meeting your individual specifications.
- Change Temperature Automatically: One of the most remarkable features of your programmable thermostat is that you can connect it to your smartphone, you can change the temperature from anywhere. If you decide to come home early from work because of a snow day, you can have the house be perfectly warm by the time you arrive. You also don’t have to worry about being responsible for changing the thermostat right before you go to sleep, You will save a lot of money in the long-run if you have it already programmed it to go down at night.
- Accessible Information: A programmable thermostat will actually interact in giving information that manual types can’t deliver. It will tell you what temperature your house is currently at in each space. You can find the programmed settings for various times of the day and night, along with a weekly or daily schedule, which can be changed with the touch of a finger. If your filter needs changing or you need HVAC servicing, you will have all the information at a glance.
Contact P.W. Essig today at (610) 557-3302 if you want to learn more from our heating contractor on why you should upgrade to a programmable thermostat!