Calling for AC repair is one of the most proactive decisions you can make this season. Now that we’re into spring, you need to start thinking how you can best prepare yourself for the incoming warm weather. After all, the last thing you want to deal with at the start of summer is a busted air conditioner that will leave you no choice but to call for emergency repair service. However, this hasn’t stopped homeowners from making that same mistake over and over again. Several homeowners fail to recognize the warning signs of an AC problem until it’s far too late, leaving them paying a significant amount of money on repairs or having to replace the system entirely. That’s right: you may allow a perfectly capable AC go to waste simple due to the fact you didn’t catch on to any indication of a problem soon enough.
However, why just settle for defeat when you can score a huge win this season by calling for AC repair at the first sign of trouble? All it takes is a careful eye to spot the signs of AC trouble, so it’s time to study up on what you should be looking for when you sense your cooling system is on the verge of experiencing a breakdown. In addition to being able to promptly call for AC service, you will also be able to explain problems to a licensed professional and get the repairs best meeting your system’s specifications.
Why You Should Call P.W. Essig
P.W. Essig should be your first choice for 24 hour emergency service this season. We don’t just make quick repairs; we make effective repairs. We want to see you be able to enjoy the spring and summer to their fullest extent, and a huge part of that is having a steady flow of cool air to keep you comfortable during the year’s hottest weather. Our service technicians will stop at nothing to guarantee your ultimate satisfaction. If it means you stay cool for the summer, you can count on us to go the extra mile. With our help, you’ll get repairs best meeting your AC’s specifications. You will also be able to extend your AC’s lifespan by years and worry less about replacement. Your comfort this season all starts with a call to P.W. Essig!
When Should You Call for AC Repair?
Unsure of when to call to have your AC fixed? Then allow these 5 common identifiers serve as warning signs letting you know the time is right to make the call:
- Loud Noises: Your AC shouldn’t be making a peep, so it should definitely be an immediate concern when you begin to hear loud noises when the system is running. Listen closely for any squeaking, grating, and grinding sounds coming from the system. If the noise is loud enough, call for service immediately.
- Poor Air Flow: Your AC should be delivering cool air at full blast, but you may start noticing inconsistent performance. Though it may indicate troubles with your ductwork, little to no air flow from system means you should call for repair immediately. It may also indicate your system is failing, requiring AC replacement altogether.
- Foul Odors: Cool air from your AC shouldn’t be followed by any bad smells. Foul odors from your AC usually mean the air conditioner’s insulation has burned out. A mustier odor may indicate there is mold growing within the system, which will need to be removed from the system as soon as possible.
- Thermostat Troubles: Your thermostat is responsible for ensuring you are receiving cool air at your desired temperature. However, if it begins to malfunction, it may prevent your air conditioner from providing you with the best level of comfort. If you notice the thermostat beginning to act strangely, it may be time to re-calibrate or replace it altogether.
- System Leaks: Any leakage around the system is highly concerning, especially if it’s a refrigerant leak. Refrigerant needs to be dealt with by a licensed professional. It can present a serious health risk to you and your family if exposed. Allowing a leak in your AC to persist in your home may also be hazardous due to the potential mold growth and indoor air quality. Exposure to mold may lead to breathing and respiratory issues, especially for any asthma or allergy sufferers in your household.
Contact P.W. Essig today at (610) 557-3302 if you want to ensure your cooling needs are met for the few months ahead thanks to our AC repair!