Are you looking for ways to improve indoor air quality in Boyertown, PA? As the humidity of summer encroaches upon us, we’re all searching for ways to make the air in our homes easier to breathe. Here are five simple ways to freshen the air.
1. Air Out The House: Open every window in your house for a half hour. Even on a stagnant day, it helps air out the house. On a cooler summer day with a sweet smelling breeze, your home can also take a deep breath by allowing clean air to blow through and rid your home of odors and humidity.
2. Develop A Green Thumb: Placing plants in your home brings more oxygen inside. Certain greeneries can even help eliminate toxins like formaldehyde from your home’s air. Plants can filter the air, block pollutants and even improve moods and ease anxiety.
3. Make & Keep A Smoke Free Home: Did you know cigarette and cigar smoke contain thousands of chemicals? Not only will your family breathe in cleaner air, you’ll also eliminate smoke smells from walls, clothing and hair. Smoke free air greatly reduces the risk of asthma, ear infections, and respiratory distress.
4. Have Your Home Tested For Radon: Radon is an odorless, colorless, radioactive gas that can increase your risk of cancer – especially in smokers. Radon is created naturally from decaying uranium in virtually all soil. Test the radon levels in your home and have the levels adjusted as needed.
5. Clean and Maintain HVAC Filters: Not only will clean, well maintained filters keep your HVAC equipment running smoothly, it’ll also improve the quality of the air you breathe by properly filtering out toxins and pollutants that could be harmful to your family and pets.
Bookmark the P.W. Essig website or call us today for more information and helpful tips on improving indoor air quality in Boyertown, PA.